Monday, February 22, 2010

She likes it, she really likes it

It took a while to get Baby Bear to eat solids. At about 7 1/2 months, she really took to it. I have found that she is not a big eater (unlike her momma, LOL) and she still makes a face when she has her first bite (it doesn't matter what it is, she make a face at first), but she now willingly eats. Baby Bear is a busy body and after a several bites, she needs to play with a spoon of her own or needs something in her hand while I feed her (she is getting better).

In the beginning, I started off with some jarred baby food since she was not a big fan of food at that point. Now she likes peas, carrots, sweet potato, butternut squash, and banana. She seems to prefer her veggies to her fruits (again, unlike her momma). This is great. I have been making her baby food, which I have really enjoyed. I find that I make veggies and buy her fruits (well, bananas are easy and it is easy enough to buy organic applesauce). As a working mom, I realized that I can't do everything so I buy some jarred food. But I do buy organic jarred baby food (Earth's Best), so their are no added ingredients.

Making baby food is so easy and I really enjoy doing it, so I try to make the time do so. I have been using WholesomeBabyFood.com as my resource. I am going to try to make larger batches so that I can freeze them and have them available to feed Baby Bear. I like being able to make her food, plus it saves money and there is less waste. Just good all around.

3 comments:

  1. I make Charlie's baby food and love doing it! Really, I'm a little insane about it. He'll eat pretty much anything I put in front of him. Today for lunch he ate a whole kiwi and half a banana. The kid can eat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now the Delaney is starting solids, I have been checking into making my own baby food. I have that same site marked as a favorite! So far peas and cereal are going well ( no faces) so we will see about the rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Amy - It is so easy to make your own baby food. I made a large batch this weekend and put it in the freezer. It saves money!!

    ReplyDelete