Sunday, January 20, 2013

Crafty with mommy

This weekend we completed a little craft to get ready for Valentine's Day. Baby Bear wanted to decorate so we did.

I was inspired by pinterest and found this nice, simple, and relatively clean little craft to do.

IMG_5006

I drew some lines for her to cut and she cut the "strips" of paper. I also cut strips of paper that we used for the final project. She enjoyed cutting and working on her cutting skills. After the strips were cut, I stapled the hearts together and punched the holes, instructions found here. Baby Bear tried to help with a couple but the stapler and hole punch were a little hard for her to do.

Baby Bear threaded the yarn through the hearts. (A little tip, tape the end of the yarn so it doesn't fray and it makes it easy for little hands to thread).

IMG_5003

I tied off the ends and tied onto our chandelier and voila, decoration done.

IMG_5010

Baby Bear was quite proud of her decoration.

IMG_5008

IMG_5005


No comments:

Post a Comment