At Baby Bear's 9 month well visit, she had not gained very much weight so the pediatrician wanted to see her again this month for a weight check. Today she weighs 16 lbs, 14 oz. and is the same length/height as last month. The pediatrician was pleased by her weight gain and will see us again next month to make sure she continues to gain rather than plateau as she had. He said she looked really good and that he liked that she didn't scream at him when he was examining her :)
Baby Bear feels heavier, so I was pretty sure that she had gained weight. On top of that Baby Bear has been waking up several times a night to nurse, so I hoped that the extra feeding sessions would show when she weighed in. It is good to know that my loss of sleep is for a good cause.
I think she would have gained a little more had she not gotten sick. She lost 4 oz when she got sick. Well, she is back on track now. It is good to have a healthy and happy baby.
I have been pretty tired and exhausted since she is up several times a night to nurse, but she obviously needs to eat to keep her weight gain on track. I think what she has done is reversed cycled, she is only eating 2 bottles during the day instead of 3 (except with Lola Bear where she eats 4 bottles!) so she is making it up at night. Now that she is mobile, she is easily distracted and would rather play than eat (or nap for that matter). Because I know she needs to eat, we will not sleep train again. It is pretty rough on me to have to get up 3-4 times a night and I often fall asleep while nursing her. Sadly, it is on me to nurse her. Papa Bear has tried to help out, but she will scream until I nurse her. I suppose we can try a bottle but nursing helps to keep my milk supply up and I need to keep it up until we wean. I need to remember this is only a short time in the grand scheme of things. Before I know it she will be all grown; she is already growing up so fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment