Monday, June 13, 2011

My first adventure childless

I ventured off to Las Vegas all by myself last week. I had a conference to attend and went on my own, without Baby Bear or Papa Bear in tow. Wednesday I was nervous and anxious at the thought of leaving my baby girl for 3 days and 2 nights. I had never been gone overnight, let alone two nights away from her. Thursday, Papa Bear and Baby Bear dropped me off at the airport and I kissed my little girl goodbye. I survived.

Actually, it was kind of nice to have a little me time and to get away. I couldn't believe how nice it was not to have to worry about anyone but myself. I didn't have to be home by a certain time, I didn't have to worry about picking anyone up from childcare, I didn't have to worry about feeding anyone or getting anyone ready in the morning. I just had to take care of myself. It was a nice little break from parenting.

Don't get me wrong, I really missed Baby Bear and I really missed Papa Bear. I missed them tons and wish I wasn't all alone. On the other hand, I really needed a break. During my free time, I pretty much was on my own to do whatever I felt like. I got to sleep in a nice big bed all to myself, I got to watch TV (we still don't have regular TV at home, just netflix), I got to sleep in!! Even though I was working it was very restful.

I am glad to be home, because there is really "no place like home." I am glad to see my sweet girl. I was greeted by a HUGE hug and kisses from her. She would not let go of me for sometime. It was really wonderful to get the hugs and kisses. I missed that so much. Baby Bear is just pretty awesome and I am so lucky to have her in my life. While it was nice to have the break, it was equally as nice to come back home to my family. I am so lucky to have such an amazing family.

An amazing husband who is a wonderful father, he took excellent care of Baby Bear and actually enjoyed their special time together. Sure they ate out a lot and no dishes or cleaning was done while I was gone, but my girl was well taken care of and loved while I was gone. Apparently, she even went on her first date!! I received a text message and on Friday night Baby Bear had a date night with a five-year old, an older boy! They went out for pizza. Baby Bear had a great time and they were well chaperoned. The things that go one while Mama Bear is gone, hahaha.

What I learned from my adventure: it is okay to take time out for myself and be away, it is good and important to refresh and regenerate to be a good momma. It is always nice to come back home to your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment