Monday, December 3, 2012

So much to be thankful for

I always enjoy Thanksgiving. It is a holiday to give thanks to the many wonderful blessings in life and to eat lots of yummy food. Unfortunately, this Thanksgiving my little family had to split up. I wasn't thrilled with this decision but it was one that we made. So Baby Bear and I head over to spend Thanksgiving dinner with my side of the family, while Daddy Bear headed with Papa to have Thanksgiving dinner with his aunt.

I am most thankful for my family. Baby Bear and my husband are my everything in this world and they are what is most important to me. I am thankful that 12 years ago I met the most wonderful man who is not only a great husband and an amazing father but it also a good man. He is my partner through it all; he has supported me through so much and I never doubt that he will be there for me when I need him. I see what a wonderful father he is and I fall in love with him all over again. I have one of the really good ones. I am thankful for the wonderful daughter that brings joy to my life every day. I cannot imagine my life without her and I don't know that there are enough words to express the amount of love that I have for this little person who entered my life just 3 years ago. I am so blessed to have two wonderful people in my life.

Thanksgiving preparation and celebration really began the day before with baking and a feast at Baby Bear's preschool. I forgot to get some pictures at the preschool, but her class made some turkey soup to serve at the feast and it was quite yummy. 

Baby Bear's preparation for a Thanksgiving feast all of her own. (I wondered why she kept asking for snacks while I was finishing up with some baking and such...)

IMG_4468

Getting the treats ready to go.

IMG_4473

IMG_4477

Silly girl.

IMG_4481

In love with Prince.

IMG_4488

In addition to getting together for Thanksgiving, we also celebrated my Lola's 92nd birthday.

IMG_4494

The women of the family.

IMG_4497

No comments:

Post a Comment