Friday, March 22, 2013

Our favorite sandal

It is spring time, which means it is time for some new sandals. I don't buy a lot of shoes for Baby Bear since she will only get a season out of the shoes, but I do get her quality shoes that last. There are a few staples that we get every year. She gets a pair of Uggs every winter (we are an Ugg family, I so wish she could get more than a season out of them since they are expensive. Plus this year we got her the cutest sparkle Uggs aka her "rockstar boots" as she call them). So we need sandals that are versatile, cute, and withstand water and sand (aka the preschool environment, which is much like a beach environment, LOL). I also want shoes that will stay one her, even though they all pretty much go barefoot at preschool.



Last year, I discovered the Hoy Saltwater sandal and they were awesome. Baby Bear practically lived in those sandals last summer. They are simple, cute, and they have a buckle so she keeps them on. They are great for the water and the beach. They are made of leather and mold to your feet, they seem very comfy for her. Plus, they are a quality sandal. Her pair from last year are still in great shape and if her toes weren't sticking out they would be just fine for another summer. She was wearing them when the weather warmed up last week, so with her toes sticking out I figured it was time for a new pair.

I love that they are versatile and cute too, so she can wear them with summer dresses and her cute little summer outfits. They go with just about everything. We have had other summer sandals that are meant for the water. One summer we tried Keens, but they make her feet stinky and weren't the cutest with a dress. So no more Keens. So I was happy to find the saltwater sandals last year. No stinky feet. Plus they come in all kinds of cute colors. We have white, but I am tempted to get the shiny fuchsia, which I know she'd love.  The great thing is she also loves them, she was very excited to get a new pair; she's wore them every day since she got them.

She also has her crocs since they are easy and everyone in preschool has them. But they are ugly. I am sure we'll get some flip flops because you have to have flip flops for the summer, but the saltwater sandals are now another main staple.

Yup, this whole blog post was about some sandals....

No comments:

Post a Comment