Friday, September 30, 2011

Mama Bear volunteers at preschool

Today, I volunteered in Baby Bear's preschool. They needed some parents to help out during lunch time while the teachers had a staff meeting. So I decided to do so. Another mother and I volunteered in the 2- and 3-year-old class. There were 7 children total. It was a ton of fun, but wow it was exhausting and chaotic! I don't know how the 3 preschool teachers do it with 18 kids day in and day out. That is a lot of work. I was only there for a little more than a hour and I was beat. I have a lot of respect for teachers. I was happy to go back to my office after all was said and done and to work in the quiet with some college students.

It was fun to see Baby Bear interact with her new school friends and it was a great chance for me to get to know a handful of them. Baby Bear definitely loves school and had so much fun playing with her classmates. She and a couple of other girls were dancing and singing, they were their own little girl band. I saw a glimpse into her pre-teen years.

Any hesitiation I may have had with putting her in preschool early is now gone. She is thriving in that environment and loves it. She comes home with new knowledge that she had learned simply through the act of play, it is just great. She sings songs I don't know (or can't really decipher quite yet). It is so fun to see that growth in her. I am so glad that she loves school.

I am really behind in posting some pictures from last weekend, I will be catching up soon with this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment