
Baby Bear is learning the routine of the day. At the end of school, they have story time. I often walk in while they are finishing their story. Baby Bear is pretty attentive (as attentive as a 2-year-old can be) and she participates in the goodbye song. In fact, the other day I came a few minutes early to pick her up and as we were beginning to walk out the door, they were singing the goodbye song. She insisted that wave goodbye. She told me, "I have to wave, I have to wave!" So we waved.
Today, they sang the ABC song before the goodbye song and she was singing and clapping along with the teacher. It was great. It really is great to see her enjoy herself and do so well in that setting.
The other evening just before bedtime, she reaches her hand out to her daddy and shakes his hand and says "Nice to meet you." I am not sure where she learned that, my guess is school. It was absolutely adorable. Papa Bear and I just smiled to each other. We love that she is learning these social skills.

It really is pretty awesome to see her learn and grow. The great thing is that none of this is forced or imposed on her. Her preschool is child centered and they do not say no to a child. They allow a child to explore and to learn through play. So far she is doing great.
No comments:
Post a Comment