Sunday, June 3, 2012

Princess Party 2012

The big day was finally here. Baby Bear was so excited, she had been talking about her party all week and couldn't wait. Just after she woke up that morning she was ready to go in her princess dress. She had been waiting all week to be able to wear her special princess dress. She would look at her dress on the hanger and not ask to wear it. She knew it was for her special day and she was waiting. She would ask to hold the dress up to her so she could look at herself in the mirror, but she wanted to wait to put it on for the real deal. We it was finally that day.

Untitled 

She is truly my princess. So sweet. I dropped her off at Grandma's house in the morning so that Daddy and I could get ready for the party. On the way there, I told her that we would get ready for her party. She told me, "Mommy, I can help if you want. Grandma and I can help." Such a kind girl.

I dropped off supplies at the park while daddy and our neighbor, Shawn began to bbq the 30 lbs of tri-tip. Then I ran around to pick up the cake and balloons drop the cake off at home, then back to the park to decorate. Then back home to pick up the salads just before the party would start.

It was a busy day and we didn't get a whole lot of pictures taken. I am thankful for my friend, Becki Cloud, who was there to take pictures. When I get those pictures I will post more pics. I thought everything looked great. I didn't go too over board with decorating. I guess that is the good thing about having it at a park, you are limited and I did want to keep things fairly simple. I was very happy with how it all turned out.

Our chef cooked up a storm.

IMG_1275

There was more than enough food.

Untitled

I think everyone enjoyed the spread.

IMG_1296

We had just a few people. I don't think we know how to throw a small party, LOL. We had 100 people at the party. It was great.

Untitled


IMG_1304

We had a craft table for the kids to decorate their own tiaras (for girls) and crowns (for boys).

IMG_1278

The playground was a hit with kids of all ages and kept them very busy.

IMG_1280

IMG_1313

Baby Bear enjoyed having all her friends there. Friends from daycare, friends from school, and many other friends.

IMG_1325

All the kids were so busy playing, we had to round them all up for cake. (A snafu happened with the cake. I had ordered the cake from Costco and instead of checking "princess crown" I accidentally checked off "clown." When I saw the cake I was so upset with myself. My other cake was the pink and purple flowers, which was fine. I looked and they had another pink and yellow flower cake, so I grabbed that since it was the best that they had to go with our colors and I needed two cakes. The clown just didn't fit with the theme. I added a little tiara and wand to the pink and purple cake and some flags that I had made for the brownies that I never baked at the very last minute. It all worked out and Baby Bear was so happy about the tiara and wand on the cake that it was perfect. She was happy and that is all that mattered. She loved it and that made it perfect.)

IMG_1341

The kids were ready for some yummy cake and they didn't care or know that the pink and yellow cake didn't match everything else, LOL.

IMG_1342

At her 2nd birthday party, she clinged on to me the entire time. I pretty much had to carry her for the entire party and she barely played on the playground. How a year changes things. She was running around, every now and then I had to look around to see where she had gone off to. She was having a blast playing with all her friends on the playground only coming back to check in with me when she needed something to drink.

IMG_1291 

We are so blessed to have so many people who love and care about Baby Bear. Thank you to everyone who was a part of this special royal celebration. Our little princess really is loved by so many.

Baby Bear had a great time at her party. She even told me "This is the best party ever." That made all the hard work so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment