A couple of months ago when I asked her what she wanted to be for Halloween, she wanted to be Ariel from The Little Mermaid. But Ariel when she has legs wearing the pink dress not the mermaid. She wanted to be Ariel when she is a princess. Well, they don't sell that costume, they only make the mermaid costume. I wasn't about to shell out a ton of money for a custom costume that she would only wear for a day. I wasn't sure what I was going to do about that. Fortunately, while shopping at Costco we saw that they were selling costumes and she spotted the costume she wanted...
Baby Bear decided to be Minnie Mouse for Halloween. She makes a very cute Minnie Mouse.

I was gone the previous week at a conference in Denver (yes, just after getting back from NYC) and so I was glad I had planned ahead with her costume and buying candy for neighborhood trick or treaters. I had also bought a pumpkin, but didn't get a chance to carve it until the day before Halloween (thanks to Daddy and Papa).
The day of Halloween, Baby Bear asked me about our Halloween decorations. Well, mommy didn't have time to decorate (especially since mommy had only been home for a few days). Mommy FAIL! Luckily, we had the Jack O Lantern and that made her happy.
At preschool they were going to do some trick or treating at some offices down the street from the preschool. Daddy couldn't make it to chaperone the little field trip and initially I wasn't going to be able to make it either due to meetings at work. When I told Baby Bear the night before, she said, "You're not coming?" with the saddest little face. So my mommy guilt set in and I started emailing my students that night to cancel my meetings with them. Having traveled for the last couple of weeks, I felt bad cancelling my meetings with my students. But since I missed Halloween last year, I needed to be there for my girl. Thank goodness I have flexibility at work that I could do something like that. So mommy took a couple of hours to chaperone her trick or treat field trip.
Ready to go...

Trick or Treat!



No comments:
Post a Comment