Back to our Hawaiian vacation. I happened to have a conference in Waikiki on the Hawaiian island of Oahu. Not a bad place for a conference. So we decided to extend my stay there and make it a vacation.
Lil' J was really excited about going to Hawaii and was all packed an ready to go. Little did I know that she had packed her kid scissors in her little carry-on. I guess TSA lets kid scissors through since we didn't get stopped. We had no clue until she busted them out at the hotel. LOL.

She was a great little traveler on the place. Give her the iPad and she just watched movies the entire time. I don't know how many times she watched Tinkerbell, but it kept her entertained through the entire flight, so I can't complain. I really need to load more movies on the iPad before our next flight.

The weather forecast had a Tropical Storm forecasted to hit the Hawaiian Islands. In fact, our flight was the last flight out of LAX, the flights after us were cancelled. We were very lucky to get out of LA. I heard that some at the conference didn't make it to Hawaii and some went through much trouble to get to Hawaii in time for presentations. We got to Honolulu and it was drizzling a bit. We got our rental car and head off to the Hilton Hawaiian Village, our home for the next week. We got there and it was still relatively dry and the sun was out, so we decided to head to the beach while we had a chance. We were expecting rain the next day.




Day 1 wasn't too bad, a little wet but not pouring. We got to enjoy a little time at the beach before dinner. We prepared for the rain the next day with a stop at the ABC Store. The hotel was also preparing for the storm and advised people that the lounges and some of the hotel restaurants would be closing early. We were ready with whatever day 2 brought us. I was sad about the rain since that would be my main day with no conference activities...
No comments:
Post a Comment