We had kindergarten orientation today (or corientation as Lil J calls it. She says she calls it that because she likes corn and because it's like coronation kind of like Frozen). We got a little gift and some drawing ready for the teacher.
Lil J has been really excited about it. She woke up this morning, ran into my room, and jumped up and down. "Today is the day!" She couldn't wait to see her classroom and meet her new teacher.
We got to check out her new classroom and meet her teacher. The teacher had a little activity for the kids to complete and we found her cubbie.
Grandma came with us and from a retired teacher's eye really liked what she saw in the classroom and liked the teacher. That was nice to get her perspective. We really liked her new teacher and it really helped to alleviate my anxiety. I've been a bit anxious about this all. I know Lil J will do just fine but I just can't believe we are here. The time just flew.
We are ready for tomorrow. A snack is packed, backpack is ready, photo sign is printed.
Just a good night's sleep is in order. The teacher have the kids some "jitter glitter", a very cute idea. So we sprinkled some on Lil J's head before bed. I think it worked!
Kindergarten here we come!
No comments:
Post a Comment