Saturday, November 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Great-Lola!!

Yesterday was my lola's 89th birthday! Doesn't she look amazing for 89 years old.



My lola is the only living grandparent for Papa Bear and I. Baby Bear enjoyed seeing her great-lola and I know my lola loved seeing Baby Bear.

My lola helped to raise me and has always been a special force in my life. I am so fortunate to have grown up with my lola in my life. Being the first born grandchild in the U.S., I have spent almost all my life with lola in it. She has been there through so much and has watched me grow and I am so blessed to have had that opportunity. I know many people grow up with their grandparents living far away or not having even know their grandparents. I didn't just see my lola on holidays, I saw her on a regular basis and she helped to raise me and make me into the person I have become. She is a strong woman and I hope that I have the same qualities that she has. I am so glad that Baby Bear is able to have her in her life. Happy Birthday lola!! Here is to another wonderful year and many more to come! I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Your lola hasn't changed a bit in 15 years! Wow! Happy Birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful picture! Happy Birthday to lola!

    ReplyDelete