Wednesday, June 9, 2010

12 month well visit



It is Baby Bear's birthday month and I am still in awe that I have a one year old. We will be having a fun filled jungle birthday party in a few weeks (we are having it later because of the availability of the park we wanted). Baby Bear can do so much now that she is a year old. She is becoming a great walker and has the most amazing personality. Her smile just makes me so absolutely happy. This Baby Bear is the best thing in my life. It is amazing what a difference a year makes.



Baby Bear had her 12 month well visit with the pediatrician today. She weighs 17 lbs 7 oz (4th percentile) and is 27 3/4 inches long (12th percentile). She is a petite little monkey bear. I try not to worry so much about her weight, but I think that a normal part of being a mama bear is that I worry. She is just not a great eater, we give her all kinds of finger foods but she just does not eat a whole lot. She is also resistant to try new foods, it is just a slow process with her. She is nothing like her mama. I love to eat (maybe if I were more like her then the last 5 pregnancy pounds would come off). At least she eats and she is growing and meeting all her developmental milestones. I can't complain, she is healthy and happy. What more can I ask for.

The fact that she is not a great eater explains why she is not sleeping through the night quite yet. She is hungry at night and still nurses 3-4 times a night. I have thought about sleep training but I am able to deal with it at this point and she really needs to eat. I don't want to deprive her of what she needs.

2 comments:

  1. she is adorable!!!! sherylle, she is THE CUTEST little 1 yr old ive ever seen. that picture of her is just SOOO cute!!! i love her outfit and her super cute smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie doesn't STTN either. He does sometimes, but he's not really consistent with it. He is a great eater, but he still likes to eat at night sometimes.

    Jordyn is doing great, and so are you. :)

    ReplyDelete