Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It's my party!!


Photo by Leslie

The month of June has just been a big birthday month for Baby Bear. We started the month with a a trip to the zoo on her actual birth date and we wrap up the month of June with a big birthday bash.

We celebrated with a big party this weekend. We had over 100 people and kids!! We celebrated her jungle themed birthday party at the park so that we could accommodate that many people (plus the playground would help keep the kids busy). I think that everyone had a great time!!



The first birthday is a big deal in my family, especially with Baby Bear being the first grandchild for my parents and Papa Bear's parents. So I knew that we would have to go big. On top of it all, I have a large Filipino family and so it was going to be big no matter what.

We had tons of food, we had a taco cart to cater food. But we didn't stop there. My parents insisted that we also have Filipino food, so we did. We had to have pancit since it was a birthday party, the noodles are for long life. We also had to have lecheon, roast pig. I remember my birthday parties with the pig and the pig's head on display with an apple in his mouth. My parents wanted a pig at their only grandchild's first birthday party. At first my daddy put the pig's head away. When Papa Bear asked him why, my daddy said that some people (I think he was implying some white people) don't like it. Papa Bear told him to put it out. I am lucky that my husband embraces my heritage (plus, he thought the pig was cool, LOL, if it wasn't for Papa Bear we wouldn't have any photos of the pig).



Here are a few pictures from the party that we had a chance to take. I was so glad to have my friend, Leslie, photograph the day so that we did not have to worry about it. Can't wait to see them all.

The park playground and sidewalk chalk kept the kids pretty entertained. We also had a bubble and balloon lady. I think the kids enjoyed making giant bubbles.





Baby Bear enjoyed watching the older kids make bubbles.



After bubbles came time for cake. Baby Bear was not too into her cake, she really didn't want to have anything to do with it. Oh well, she had no idea what she was missing.





Baby Bear may have been overwhelmed by all the people and was pretty exhausted by that time. She fell asleep on Papa Bear not too long after cake. Luckily, we were getting ready to wrap up the party. We had hoped that she would have taken a nap before the party, but she did not nap that morning while at Grandma Bear's house. Even without a nap, she was great throughout the entire party.

More to come when I get pictures back from my photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment