
On Saturday, we celebrated my Lola's 90th birthday. We went all out and had a great party for her. It is a huge milestone to reach 90. My lola is so beautiful and it was a great celebration.
I am the first born grandchild in the US and my Lola came from the Philippines when I was about 3 years old. So as for as long as I can remember my lola has always been a part of my life. She has been there to celebrate all my great milestones: graduations from high school, college, and grad school; and the most important days of my life: my wedding and the birth of Baby Bear. My lola has always been there for me and I have had the great fortune of having her be a large part of my life.
Growing up she and my lolo watched my brother and I. For a long time, it was just the two of us grandchildren since my other cousins were in the Philippines. We were lucky that she was always there for us and there to watch us grow. I am thankful for that special time. I am thankful that she has always been a part of my life. I am thankful to have such an amazing lola. I am thankful for my lola. She is strong and vibrant woman. I hope to have her strength or even a fraction of the strength that she possesses. She is the matriarch of our family. She is the ultimate mother. She always makes sure I am fed, I cannot visit her without her preparing me something to eat. It doesn't matter if I ate just moments before, as soon as I walk in the door she has something to prepare for me and there is no way I can say no. She is just an amazing woman, mother, and grandmother. She was a devoted wife when my lolo was living. I would be fortunate to be just a fraction of the woman she is.
One of my earliest memories was the first week of kindergarten. My lola brought me to school; I was a shy girl and she saw two little kids at a table. She asked them their names and introduced me to them, she told them we were all friends and so we became friends and were friends throughout my elementary school years. Those two kids were my first friends that I can remember. My lola helped me make my first friendships. My lola was always helping me and always helped me to be the best I could be. She helped me to become the woman I am today and is a woman I hope I can be.
My lola is blessed with 7 children, 12 grandchildren, and 9 great-grandchildren. She is deeply rooted with her family and has a strong faith and love for her family. She thrives on the love of her family as she is well loved by us all.
I love my lola!

My parents (aka Lola Bear and Lolo Bear) with my lola. Isn't my lola so beautiful. I hope I look as good as she does.

My girl and me.

My mom and my lola; aren't they beautiful.

The programs I worked so hard on and the fabulous cookies by Aileen from A Master Creation.

Silly girl.

Okay, Baby Bear you are too young for boys!

Dancing with Lolo Bear :)
No comments:
Post a Comment