Monday, November 22, 2010

the last bag of pumped milk

Today we used the last bag of pumped milk. I stopped pumping in September and today used the last bit of pumped milk. In a strange way it seems like a milestone for me. I had pumped enough breastmilk to last almost 18 months (she turns 18 months next week). That just seems crazy. Baby Bear still nurses at night and in morning and on weekends. She shows no signs of weaning anytime soon, so for now we keep going. I have mixed feelings about this. I really want my body back but I also want to give her what she needs. There are just days when I want so much to be done. But then I think how this is just a tiny fraction of my life and she is getting so much out of it. Before I know it Baby Bear will be all grown up, so this is a small inconvenience that is worth it. Because she is so worth it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment