Thursday, December 30, 2010

I'll be home for Christmas

We moved in on December 23rd, the eve of Christmas Eve. That particular date is of significance because 5 years ago Papa Bear proposed to me on that same date. It seemed very fitting that we moved into our remodeled home on that same date. It was a whirlwind getting all moved in.

On Christmas Eve, we cleaned up and unpacked as much as possible to prepare for the guests that would be coming starting that evening. Papa Bear bought us a Christmas tree on Christmas Eve. I wasn't expecting much, but he got us a gorgeous tree for $20! Baby Bear and I worked on decorating it (well, I would put up ornaments and Baby Bear would take them down. We forgot to get the box with lights out of storage, but I did find a couple of strands.

Slowly the ornaments started to disappear from the bottom half of the tree...



We didn't have a lot of holiday decorations since there was little time, but we did get to hang up our stockings.



All in all a great Christmas. Baby Bear is healthy now, which is a wonderful way to start the new year. We moved Chase Monster into the house after the chaos of Christmas parties and now our family is complete in our home. Now on to the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment