We got there and she told the pediatrician which ear hurt. As he examined her, he asked her to cough and take a deep breath and she followed directions. I was so proud of her. This is the first time that she could tell us what was wrong and what hurt and actually told the pediatrician that her ear hurt. Usually, she is very shy and doesn't say anything to him and just clings on to me. She was a great little patient.
It was an ear infection. There was no fluid in the ear but it was slightly inflamed and there was some ear wax in there. An ear infection is not contagious so he said she could go back to school and daycare. The pediatrician prescribed antiobiotics and ear drops. I asked him for some tips to help give her medicine since it has always been a struggle. He explained to Baby Bear why it was important for her to take all of her medicine and that it was bubble gum flavor like candy. She said she would take her medicine and she even told him thank you as we walked out the door.
After we got her medicine, I put her in her car seat and explained to her that we needed to take her medicine. I expected a struggle so I hoped that being restrained in the car seat would help me out. I was prepared with wipes for her to spit it out. Much to my surprise, Baby Bear sucked up the required dosage without a problem. Apparently, the pediatrician's little talk with Baby Bear worked!! Amazing!!
It is simply amazing and such a difference from a year ago. Baby Bear can communicate to me pretty clearly what is wrong and understands when we explain to her the importance of something. Of course, daddy and I had explained to her the importance of taking her medicine as well, but I guess it holds much more significance coming from a medical professional. I guess that is just how it is.
It is hard to know if this was from the same bug that caused her first cold early last week or if it was a different cold that she caught later in the week. It has been a rough couple of weeks with her in and out of school, which means I am in and out of work along with her. I am tired. A few times during the night I would hear her moaning and I just feel so bad that she is any pain. I just hope that she is healthy soon and stays healthy!
This was from last night, doesn't even look like she is sick does it?

This was last week, my little ballerina, before she got sick again the later part of the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment