It has been a rough few days. Baby Bear appeared to be healthy for 3 days and then Friday at 2am she threw up again and did so several time for a couple of hours. So needless to say, this Mama Bear got very little sleep. Thurday evening we had a little friend over and they both were fine. I learned that her little friend had also thrown up that morning and had an ear infection according to urgent care. Baby Bear was fine that morning and seemed back to normal so she went to school. She was fine all day no vomiting, she ate and kept her food down. Grandma Bear picked her up from school and said she was lethargic that afternoon, but no vomiting.
Well, I guess she saved it all up for me. I was holding her on the couch while we watched some tv when she threw up all over me, not just a little but a lot! I stripped her and gave her to daddy to put in the bath while I stripped my clothes off and cleaned everything up. I put everything in the wash while she got her evening bath. Then I took a shower. My poor baby. I call the pediatrician and was told that it was probably the stomach flu and that there was a lot of it going around lately. I was told to keep doing what I was doing and if she got any worse to bring her to urgent care. Well, she was fine the rest of the evening.
We decided to lay low to let her recover and get healthy. Today she was fine, no signs of feeling bad at all. In fact, she was back to her normal, active self. We had been catering to her and letting her watch more tv than usual and so later on when she didn't get what she wanted there was a lot of tantrumming, screaming, hitting... Ugh. I guess she was feeling better. Later there was great mischief: sprinkling granola all over the floor and making a ton of mess, spitting water on the hard wood floors... Ugh! Then there was some destruction: pulling on towels in the bathroom so that she pulled the towel hook off the wall... Ugh!
The terrible twos at its finest. I just pray to God for patience and to bring my sweet girl back. I am not a great fan of this version of her. At the end of the day, she was a great challenge, definitely challenging my patience and stress levels, but I still adore that little girl. It is crazy, that no matter how frustrated and upset I get that I still love her. I guess this is what they mean by unconditional love. I love that crazy girl. I love my Baby Bear. I am exhausted but I still love her.
No comments:
Post a Comment