Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Mama Bear and Daddy Team Work

Monday was the first day back to preschool. We got to school and walked in the door and Baby Bear threw up on the school floor. We cleaned up and turned around and went back home. Baby Bear was so upset that she could not go back to school that day. She was very excited to see her teachers and classmates. But My baby girl was not feeling well. So Daddy and I worked our schedules around so that he stayed home in the morning and I took the afternoon shift to be with Baby Bear.

She end up throwing up again that morning and that time all over daddy. Daddy later told me that it was official he loved her unconditionally because having her vomit on him did not phase him what so ever. I totally understand what he means. I too love that girl so unconditionally. She can be sick, tantrumming, or the sweetest little girl in the world and it really doesn't matter what she does because no matter what I love her so much. She can frustrate and challenge me but at the end of the day I just love that little girl more than I can ever express, she is the light of my life and she is just so awesome that my love for her is so awesome. It is just amazing how much love I can have for her. I had no idea I could love anyone like I love my kiddo.

On Tuesday, we woke up and thought she was feeling better since she had not vomitted at all the afternoon before and was looking to be her normal self, but just after she woke up, she threw up. So it was another day to stay home. We figured out our schedules and took our shifts and somehow accommodated our work schedules. Daddy and I are a good team, we made it all work out so that we could each get our work done and take care of our poor little girl. We are fortunate that we have the ability to adapt our work schedules in situations like this. She was on the mend the rest of the day and by lunch time seemed to be feeling better and holding her food down.

That afternoon she was full of energy and wanted to wear her ballet leotard and slippers, but as you can see we kept her little bucket close by just in case. Daddy taught her to threw up in her bucket after she threw up all over him and she actually hit the bucket that morning.



She continued to have energy and eat the rest of the afternoon and so after 24 hours since the last time she vomited, she was ready to go back to school. Boy, was she excited to be back at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment