Thursday, February 9, 2012

Potty conversations

We are still working on the potty training. I know that she is ready, but she doesn't want to. I think she is just stubborn. Sigh.... We just keep working on it.

I know she is ready because we have days that are very promising, like yesterday. She went potty at school, at daycare, and at home before bath time. Because of that she got a big prize:



Aren't they adorable, I love them and want them for myself!!!

Then today, she did not go pee in the potty simply because she didn't really want to.
Mama Bear: Did you go potty at school?
Baby Bear: I don't go potty at school?
Mama Bear: Why not?
Baby Bear: I no go. sorry. I don't' want to.
A conversation during bath time:
Baby Bear: I go pee.
Mama Bear: oh no, you go pee in your bath?
Baby Bear: (smiles) next time I go potty in the potty. Sorry. Next time. I promise.
Thankfully, it was the end of the bath and so I just took her out. As a friend told me, at least she didn't go poop in the bath.

I guess when she really wants to go she will go. Hopefully I can convince her to go pee in the potty more regularly. She is definitely capable, she just needs to actually want to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment