Monday, November 24, 2008

I guess I am looking pregnant

I was asked for the first time in 12 weeks if I was pregnant. I guess I am starting to show. I definitely think that I am. But people who know keep telling me that I am not.

Tonight, I went to the gym to take my Step II class, there are a lot of regulars in the class and the instructor and some friends in the class know that I am pregnant. Well, a woman who is a regular in the class (I don't know her well, but we see each other in the class and say hi) came up to me as I was setting up my step and asked me if I was pregnant. I said yes and she congratulated me. I told her I must look fat, but she said she noticed because I usually have a flat stomach and have more steps. She said anyone else might not look pregnant but she has seen me in this class for quite some time and she noticed the change physically and in my intensity in the class. It was actually quite flattering.

I have been doing my best to keep exercising regularly by going to the gym. I told one of my gym instructors the other day and I asked her if there was anything I should change or modify. She looked at me and said, "For you, not really." She said that because since I am very fit and in shape that I can do a lot of what I was doing since I was not starting anything new. Her advice was to listen to my body, but that I should be able to do a lot of what I have done in the past due to my fitness level before pregnancy. I am determined to keep fit and maintain. I know now is not a time to set new goals and try to be stronger or lose weight, but I am so glad that I can continue to be active and fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment