Thursday, October 8, 2009

We survived the first day of daycare!



We survived our first day of daycare!! Mostly, I survived without breaking down. I was nervous and anxious all day, but I did not cry and I made it through. It had been the longest time I had spent away from Baby Bear. Baby Bear did great! She took a bottle!! Yay!! She napped!! Yay!!

I really like our daycare lady. She was so excited to see Baby Bear this morning and that really put me at ease. Baby Bear was smiling and happy, which made it easier for me to leave. I had been advised by other mothers not to linger when I made my goodbye, so I gave Baby Bear a big hug and kiss and left.

Papa Bear and I met with some friends for breakfast. That helped to keep my mind off of Baby Bear, then my phone rang and it was my daycare lady. She called to assure me that all was well and that Baby Bear had indeed taken a bottle. Wow!! I was so happy that it was good news and not her calling to have me come and nurse Baby Bear.

I spent the rest of the day trying to keep myself busy with shopping and errands until it was time to get my baby. I picked her up and was so happy to see her. I really think this is all going to work and it is going to be great for all of us. Baby Bear really seemed to enjoy daycare; she liked the other kids and seemed really happy. I feel good about our choice. I think Baby Bear will get a lot out of this. I made it through, it was a little rough but Baby Bear was in good hands.

2 comments:

  1. Love that pic of J; she is so adorable. :)

    Glad you made it through. It's great that you guys have found someone that you love to watch J. That's so important.

    Good luck back at work on Monday. If I were going back to work, Monday would be my first day back as well. I'll be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it was a good day for both you and J. Good luck today!

    ReplyDelete