Thursday, October 15, 2009

Looks like we made it

We made it through my first week back to work. I am really liking the 4-day work week! I am very fortunate to have had such a generous maternity leave package that I still have my California Paid Family Leave benefit available to me. Instead of using the 6 weeks of Paid Family Leave in one big chunk, I have worked it out so that I use it one day a week until it runs out and that brings me right to Baby Bear first birthday!! So it is a 4-day work week until Baby Bear turns one!! That really makes the transition back to work pretty easy. So today was my Friday!

Baby Bear did fabulously this week at daycare and with the grandmas. She had a great time with everyone. She did take a bottle, but she didn't eat as much as she should eat while I am gone. I definitely pumped a lot more than she would take, which helps me to add to my freezer stash. But that means that she ends up waking up and eating more at night to make up for it. I am afraid that she might end up reverse cycling. I guess that won't be the end of the world and that would mean I could pump less at work, but it does mean I don't get as much sleep. It is a good thing I have a 4 day work week. I am definitely tired tonight and I am very glad to have tomorrow off to spend with Baby Bear and run a few errands.

It isn't so bad being back at work, I am actually glad to be back at work. I think it is great for my family to have me at work. I get adult interaction and stimulation. Baby Bear gets to bond with her grandmas and gets to socialize with other kids in day care. When we are home together we are both so excited to be with each other that it is truly some quality time that we have. It is win-win for both of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment