Maternity leave is over and back to work I go. The day went by really quickly and I made it through. I had a lot to catch up on and was quite busy so that made it go by quickly and made it not so difficult to be away from Baby Bear. I did miss her but I had pictures of her to look at from time to time. I am getting the hang of pumping and I am sure it will become more second nature as time goes by.
Baby Bear was with Grandma today and did really well. Papa Bear checked in on her around lunch time and called me to give me an update. That really set my mind at ease. She took two bottles and had several naps. I am so proud of my baby!! She has been so wonderful and that has helped to make this transition very easy for me. I know she is in good hands and she is such a good little baby that everyone who cares for her absolutely loves her and only has wonderful things to say about her.
It also helps to see a big smile on her face when I pick her up. I love my little girl and that smile is the best part of my day no matter how tired I am. To celebrate a successful first day back at work, Papa Bear took us out to dinner. It was a nice end to a long but good day!! I am so lucky to have a wonderful family! A supportive husband and an adorable daughter. Life is good!
I'm glad she's adjusting so well! :) The "hey, it's mama" smiles are the best.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear it went well!
ReplyDelete