I have one week left before the end of maternity leave. I am mentally ready to get back to work, but I am not sure that I am totally emotionally ready for this transition. Baby Bear will have her first day at day care on Thursday before I go to work, so that I can run some errands baby-free and so that we can have a trial run before I head off to work.
I had many intentions of doing a lot of things during my maternity leave in addition to bonding with Baby Bear. I thought the house would be so clean and organized. I also that I would make dinner every night and eat really healthy. Uhh, none of that really happened.
Instead, I spent a lot of time watching re-runs of Beverly Hill 90210, One Tree Hill, and The OC. Of course, in addition to being a new mommy to Baby Bear. SoapNet was my friend when Baby Bear was sleeping and nursing. Man, did I watch a lot of TV. Well, Baby Bear and I also spent a lot of time walking around Target. Target was my saving grace; it was always an opportunity to get out of the house and not go crazy after watching back to back episodes of my favorite shows. It also gave me a reason to get out of my pjs. On the positive side, Baby Bear and I did go for a lot of walks in the mornings before the summer heat set in and we did some other activities. But I think that the most memorable things about my maternity leave (in addition to the time I spent with Baby Bear) were my Soap Operas and Target, LOL!
So it wasn't a productive maternity leave, but I did get to spend a lot of time with Baby Bear and really developed a strong bond with her. That was the best part of my maternity leave and I would not have traded that time for the world. She is my world!
it is ALWAYS nice to hear that other moms go through the same thing :)
ReplyDeleteI can so relate to all the TV watching. I watched so much movies and TV while I was pumping. I still watch TV when I'm feeding Charlie, and he usually watches with me. Oops. Bad mommy. ;)
ReplyDeleteGood luck making the transition back to work. I imagine that will be quite difficult.
Sherylle, I have loved reading your Blog. Baby Bear is so precious! What a cuties you have :).
ReplyDeleteAnd hey, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with watching a lot of TV. You deserved the break! Maternity leave was all about you getting the chance to relax and do whatever you felt like doing!