This morning Baby Bear fell off the bed. She appears to be fine. She is smiling and playing and I don't see any bumps or odd behavior.
I so freaked out this morning. Baby Bear was playing on the bed with me laying next to her. I was so tired because she decided to wake up every hour last night (not an excuse, just an explanation), so I must have fallen asleep while she was playing. Papa Bear was asleep on the couch. I heard a thud and immediately got up and found her on the ground. I picked her up. I think I must have screamed because Papa Bear was running into the room. She was soothed after a minute or so of being held. She was actually smiling at Papa Bear and me. My heart was racing and I felt absolutely awful for not paying more attention. What an awful Mama Bear I am.
I know these things happen but that doesn't keep me from feeling like the most awful momma ever! Thank God that she is okay. I just keep thinking of all the bad things that could have happened. She is fine and that is all that matters. I have never felt so awful and scared in my life. I guess that is what is like to be a parent.
You are NOT an awful mother! It was an accident. Everything's okay. ((hugs))
ReplyDelete