After just writing about pumping at work, I come to work this morning and find that my pump is sounding kind of strange. Last week, Papa Bear moved my bag which contained my pump and as he was moving my bag, my pump fell and dropped. I didn't think anything about it since I don't pump on the weekends. So when it came time to pump this morning I realized that my pump is not so happy. It is making a strange noise and when I shake it there is something loose inside. Luckily, it seemed to work just fine today despite the sound and a strange moving part.
I called customer service today and they are going to replace the pump motor. Whew! I didn't really want to have to purchase another pump since I only have about 4 more months of pumping left.
My very good friend was kind enough to lend me her pump today, just in case. I did use it for my last pump in the afternoon and you can definitely tell a difference in the sound and suction. I also will get a manual pump asap to get me through since I have to mail the old pump motor before I can get the new motor. It is probably a good idea to have a manual pump just in case anyways. What an ordeal! Just when I think things are going smoothly in the pumping arena, a wrench gets thrown in. At least things are going to work out just fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment