Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Godparents

How did we choose our Godparents? We did not make the decision lightly. Besides being Catholic, we wanted the Godparents to be people who were close and important to us. We wanted them to be people that we wanted to share in Baby Bear's life and would also help teach her in our faith (well, my faith since Papa Bear is not Catholic). We wanted them to be people we wanted in our lives as well. Papa Bear and I each decided that we would each get to choose one of the Godparents. I would select the Godmother and he would select the Godfather.

It was a no brainer for me, when it came to selecting Baby Bear's Godmother. Her Godmother is one of my bestest friends. I have known her since I was in the 7th grade and we have been through so much together. She was my matron of honor and I could not think of anyone better to be my Baby Bear's Godmother. I knew right away that I wanted her to be my Baby Bear's Godmother and I was so thrilled when she accepted. It makes me so happy to have her as my daughter's Godmother.

The Godfather is Papa Bear's cousin (he is technically Papa Bear's step-dad's nephew, but we don't really believe in the "step" thing so in our book that makes him our cousin). When Papa Bear told me who he wanted as the Godfather, I was very pleased. I thought he was the perfect person to be Baby Bear's Godfather. When Papa Bear asked him, he was so excited and honored. He is a wonderful guy and we are so honored to have him as Baby Bear's Godfather.

No comments:

Post a Comment