My breast pump is officially dead. I tried to use it this morning and there was no suction. I boxed up my pump and sent it off to Lansinoh. I am so glad they will replace the motor. I just hope the turn around time to get the new motor is pretty quick. It is hard to be without a breast pump when you use it daily.
Luckily, I am able to borrow my friend's pump again (Thank you so much, TK!!!). We have different pump schedules so that works out; she pumps in the evenings and I pump during the day. So we are tag teaming the pump motor. It is also a good thing that the pump is a closed system (as opposed to other pumps that are open systems and can not be shared) so we don't have to worry about any hygienic issues since the milk never comes in any contact with the tubing or the motor.
It will all work out. Whew! I am still going to get a manual pump as a back-up. I should have gotten one a long time ago and intended to do so but never got around it. Now I really have no choice.
To top off all my pumping drama, after my morning pump I spilled some of my hard work. I spilled some breastmilk!! No I didn't "cry over the spilled milk," but I definitely came close to it. Baby Bear better appreciate the fact that I work hard to feed her breastmilk. This breastfeeding thing is no easy task!
No comments:
Post a Comment