The Good News
For the last week Baby Bear has been sleeping through the night! It just happened. No sleep training; she just decided to sleep through the night. The first night I thought it was a fluke and I have been afraid to say it out loud ever since. I was still getting up 2 times a night, I guess out of habit, and since I was awake I would go check on her to make sure she was still alive and breathing. Baby Bear likes to sleep on her stomach with her face buried in the mattress; it freaks me out.
What has changed is that she has been going down to sleep 30 minutes later at 8:15 pm and waking up 30 minutes earlier at 6:15 am, but if she will sleep through the night I will take it! After 7 nights of sleeping through the night, I was really hoping that this was it and Baby Bear was now ready to sleep through the night. I was really happy that she was finally meeting this milestone and that we didn't have to sleep train.
The Bad News
Last night, Baby Bear went down to sleep at 8:15 pm. She was really tired and didn't even want to read her bed time stories; she pushed the books away when we got ready to read. She had a hard time going down to sleep, but finally did. She then woke up at 9:30 pm and had a hard time going back down. Finally she went back to sleep. At 1:30am, she woke again and fell back asleep. Baby Bear then decided to wake up at 2:30 am and decided it was time to be up. She did not go back to sleep until 4:3o am!
The Bright Side
I knew it was too good to be true. However, now I know that Baby Bear is capable of sleeping through the night and does not really need to nurse in the middle of the night. Now hopefully she will be back on track tonight. I will even be fine with her getting up 2-3 times a night again as long as she goes back to sleep after each waking. Play time at 2:30 am is not good. I am one tired mama bear.
No comments:
Post a Comment