Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Baby Bear goes in the potty

For the first time ever, Baby Bear went potty in her potty chair. She has been sitting on it for months but never went potty. It was totally by accident, but it is a step in the right direction and I will take it!

Every night at bath time, we strip her down and she goes and sits on the potty for a minute or so. Usually she just sits there and smiles at me and I watch her. Tonight we got a late start with bath time and so I was getting her bath ready and wasn't even paying attention. She went to the potty chair and then quickly came back to me to get in the bath. I had assumed that since she was back to the tub so quickly that she didn't go potty as usual. I didn't even realize she had pottied in her potty until after she was dressed in her pjs and we went back to the bathroom to clean up. It was then that I saw the pee in her potty chair. We were so excited. I wish I had seen it when she actually did it so that I could have praised her right then and there. We praised her and we were so excited, I just hope she associated the praise with her earlier action.

Either way, I am pretty shocked and excited. I didn't expect her to start potty training any time soon. I figured we would wait until she was in preschool in the fall since they would help potty train. We just had the potty chair to get her used to it and follow her cues for when she was ready. She is getting ready. Wow, my baby really is becoming a big girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment