Since I took the morning off, I took advantage of the time I had with Baby Bear. We ran an errand in the morning and then stopped by the park before heading off to our dentist appointment.

Baby Bear loves the swings. We then headed to the dentist office. In the waiting room, Baby Bear enjoyed playing with the toys they had available.

When they called us in she walked into the dentist's office and he talked to me about her history while she emptied out the bag of toys and opened and closed his office door. As I talked to the dentist, I mentioned that she had a full set of teeth and he corrected me by saying almost a full-set since it was unlikely she would have her 2 year molars, which typically show up closer to 3 years. We talked about brushing and flossing and showed me a video.
Then we went into the exam room and sat her on my lap facing me and place her head down into the dentist's hands and lap. She cried the whole time gripping onto a toy drill she had found in the dentist's office. He examined her teeth and found that she had one of her 2 year molars and a second one quickly appearing. He was surprised. She also has a little stain from her vitamins on her teeth, which was normal and not an issue. Otherwise, she had healthy teeth. (There was no way to get any pictures of her in the exam room, since she was not very happy.)
He was very surprised about the 2 year molars and asked about when she started teething, which was around 4 months, which is early. I had no idea that Baby Bear had her 2 year molars she did not fuss or anything to suggest that they were coming in. But then again she never really fussed too much during the whole teething process. The dentist told me to expect her to develop her adult teeth early as well. Typically, they show up around 6 years old, he told me with Baby Bear probably 5 years old. Wow! Why is my baby growing so fast, can't she stay a baby for a lot longer!!! She is this little thing with a full mouth of teeth, it is just a little crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment