Friday, April 15, 2011
No more Mama Milk
Our breastfeeding days are done. It has been a week since Baby Bear asked for "mama milk." We had gone down to breastfeeding only one time a day, every morning around 5:30am the about a month ago, I would give her a choice between a bottle and "mama milk" and she stopped asking for "mama milk" about a week ago. We went 22 months of breastfeeding. I first started with a goal of 1 year and made it that far. After Baby Bear turned a year, she was no where near ready to stop. I decided to stop pumping at work at about 15 months, and used up the last bag of pumped milk just before 18 months. We continued to breastfeed in the morning and evenings and weekends until 19 months. Then we went to just morning and night, then just mornings in the last couple of months. I did not actively wean her, it just gradually moved that way. Now we are done and a part of me is sad but I am also happy that my body is my own again. For 31 months, my body was not just my own. I had to watch what I put in my body because it didn't just impact me, but also Baby Bear for 9 months of pregnancy and then 22 months of breastfeeding. I am proud of myself for sticking to it, even through the difficulties of breastfeeding. I am thankful that I was blessed with the oppourtunity to provide Baby Bear the very best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm sure it's a bittersweet milestone. You're awesome!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome! Delaney decided she was done on December 22...One day she just pushed me away and said no mama :( broke my heart! I had a goal of one year and made that so I figured that anything over that was icing but I just never really thought it was "over". My baby wasn't a baby anymore. I too am glad to have my body back but miss the love time that came with breastfeeding!
ReplyDelete