This past week has been a really crazy time at work, just a huge event for the dedication of our new building on that campus, which meant a bunch of hoopla around the campus. The last two days I have been at work late and hadn't been able to spend much time with the family and tomorrow I am off on a plane. I am leaving behind the family for a whole week. On the one hand I am really excited to go to London, I will have some time to check out the sights while I am there. And it will be nice to only be responsible for just myself and no one else. But on the other hand, I am sad that my family is not coming with me. It will be the longest I've ever been away from them.
What I have found most interesting about this is that when we mention that I will be gone for a week out of the country, several people have asked Daddy "What are you going to do?" I find it an odd and interesting question and a question that is most often asked by men. My father-in-law even asked if he was going to take off work. Daddy will do just fine, he is Baby Bear's father and he has taken care of her before, so I am not worried about him at all. In fact, I think it will be great for the both of them. Plus, he'll learn to appreciate me even more!
It is funny and in some ways nice to know that I am thought highly of and that in generally men do realize that mothers do a lot! I guess that is good.
I am so going to miss my Baby Bear and I hope she isn't too upset by me being gone for so long. We will see how that goes. I am miss her so much. I am already missing her and I haven't even left yet. I hope she doesn't grow too much while I am gone.
I lam going to miss things like this.
No comments:
Post a Comment