
Well, I went to London on my own for a conference. I was scheduled to come home the night before Halloween so that I could be home to have Halloween fun with Baby Bear. Unfortunately, I did not make it home in time. I lost my passport and apparently the US Embassy is closed on the weekends. That meant that I had to extend my stay an extra night and miss all the Halloween festivities. I missed out on seeing my little butterfly at preschool and go trick or treating. I am really bummed out that I missed out.

Daddy took Baby Bear to have her Halloween fun at school and trick or treating around the neighborhood. He got some pictures of her in part of her costume, which I will post later.
Daddy was great! I came home to a house that was cleaner than how I left it. Baby Bear enjoyed spending some one-on-one time with her daddy and daddy was able to appreciate my contributions to the household :-)
I got home the night of Halloween really late, so Baby Bear was already asleep by the time that I got home. It was nice to be home after a long flight and a week away from my girl. We kept in touch regularly via Skype, but it is just not the same as being able to hold and kiss my little girl. She was happy to see me the next morning.
I still feel like I am catching up with life and everything and I've been home for a week. I can't believe that it is already November and the holidays are around the corner. Hopefully, I can get myself back on track very soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment