I had my postpartum appointment yesterday. I have the okay to exercise and do most anything I did pre-pregnancy. I am excited to get back to working out. I have been walking and hopefully now I can do a little more, of course I don't know where I will find the time to do that now. It has been so hot that it is hard to go for walks with Baby Bear. Tomorrow, I will attempt to go to yoga again and leave Baby Bear with Papa Bear. I am looking forward to that. Hopefully, I will be able to get in more exercise. I am really eager to start a more regular routine, I just hope I can make it work with Baby Bear.
I still have the plugged duct in my right breast and I went to be seen by the dr. last week. I was given an antibiotic to treat mastitis. I never had a fever or developed any other flu-like symptoms. It is not as painful as it used to be and it doesn't appear to be as red, so maybe it is just taking time for the antibiotics to work. It is hard to tell if it has gotten any smaller and the plugged duct hasn't fully resolved. At my appointment yesterday my OB ordered a breast ultrasound just to be on the safe side. Hopefully it will resolve and all will be well. My ultrasound is next week.
I also talked with my OB about birth control. Right now I don't know if we will have another child. I always thought that I would like two children and Papa Bear is content with one. We will see in few years how we feel. For now, I want to make sure there are no surprises. My OB gave me a prescription for the mini-pill, which is safe to take while breastfeeding. I also asked him about an IUD; there are two types the non-hormonal and the hormonal type. I am going to look a little more into it, but that is another option. We'll see what is right for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment