Wednesday, December 9, 2009

6 month well visit and vaccinations

Baby Bear is a healthy girl. She weighs 14 lbs 13 oz and is 25.25 inches long. She has doubled her birth weight. She is in the 30th and 25th percentile for weight and height, within the norm. Her weight gain has slowed and seems low to me, but the pediatrician is not worried and I just have to realize that she is petite like her mommy. No reason for me to worry at all. I think worrying is a natural part of mommyhood.

We were at the pediatrician's office for almost 2 hours! It was just ridiculous. I guess there must have been a lot of sick kids. I don't know for sure since there is a separate waiting room for sick kids and there were only a few kids in the waiting room we were in. Baby Bear got 4 shots and an oral vaccine and that was less than what she was scheduled to have since I asked the doctor to split them up a bit. Baby Bear will have to go back next month for 3 more shots. Yikes! My poor baby. She did get the regular flu shot and H1N1 flu shot. Since Baby Bear is in daycare a few days a week and around others quite a bit, I wanted to make sure she was well protected and up to date on her vaccinations. She did do very well though and the doctor said she looked really good. It is just so sad when she gets so upset because of the shots.

1 comment: