Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

We celebrated a feast on Thanksgiving with some family. I started off the morning with a 5K Turkey Trot through Claremont and then I was ready to gobble up som turkey and all the fixings with the family.

I successfully made my first layered cake, a layered red velvet cheesecake (click here for the recipe on my food blog). It was a sucess and really yummy. We had turkey and all the fixings. It was a yummy Thanksgiving.

Baby Bear enjoyed herself and enjoyed turkey and mashed potatoes. She also managed to snag a few red velvet cake balls when I wasn't looking.

IMG_7817

It was a beautiful day.

Thanksgiving_9

Enjoying the view

Thanksgiving_1

She does love her cousins, but I guess she was not in the mood at this particular moment.

Thanksgiving_8

Cooking in the kitchen.

IMG_7819

and cooking outside.

Thanksgiving_5

We had two turkeys, one in the oven and one on the rotiserrie.

Thanksgiving

now for the eating.

IMG_7864

After dinner we enjoyed a beautiful sunset.

Thanksgiving_15

IMG_7939

Thanksgiving_6

Thanksgiving_7

Thanksgiving_11

Thanksgiving_17

No comments:

Post a Comment