My birthday was a couple days ago. It was a busy month, with getting sick and then Baby Bear getting really sick at the same time. Then just last weekend was the conference that I had been planning for the last year as one of the co-organizers. So I was literally exhausted when the end of February came around. Well my birthday just happens to be the end of February. Usually it is the last day of the month on February 28th, but this year is a leap year so I get two days at the end of the month. I figure that my birthday doesn't end until it is March 1, so on leap year I get to celebrate for TWO days!
I took the time off and had some "ME" time. It was great to have some time to myself and allow myself to pamper myself. I went shopping and didn't get anything for myself; instead I bought some stuff for Baby Bear. My rare moment to shop for myself and I end up doing things for my girl. I just can't help it; I love that girl. In fact, the best part of my birthday was my little girl singing "Happy Birthday" to me. That was just awesome.
Baby Bear really understands birthdays and is already eager to plan her birthday in June. Now that my birthday has past, it is now time for Baby Bear birthday planning. I can't believe my little girl will be 3 in exactly 3 months from tomorrow. It seems like yesterday she was this tiny little thing. Now she is this little person with thoughts and ideas and lots of wants! She is awesome and amazing with such a mind of her own. She has already dictated a color scheme and possible theme for her 3rd birthday! The girl knows what she wants.
I thought I was going to get away with a small quiet thing this time around, but it looks like she's going to have a party. Now that she understands the concept of birthdays and birthday parties, she wants one. The last couple of birthday parties have been large with about 100 people (we can't seem to have small parties; we have a large family and have a hard time cutting people from the invitation list, so large parties it is). The past parties have been a little overwhelming for her and so I was thinking I wouldn't put her (or me) through that this year. But she wants a party and so does daddy. If Baby Bear wants a birthday party, she will get one. This is the first time she has ever had an opinion on the matter and that in and of itself is pretty amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment