Papa Bear is pretty convinced it is a boy. He doesn't care either way, but he has a strong intuition that Baby Bear is a boy. His reasoning is that all of his really good friends growing up have recently had girls and he says it has to do with karma (apparently, they were not very good to girls growing up). He says that and he was a good boy growing up so he thinks he will be the one to have a little boy. He is not afraid of having a girl, he is just afraid of when she becomes a teenager and all the other boys around her.
On the other hand, Grandpa Bear's side of the family is full of boys. Papa Bear has nothing but male cousins on that side of the family. Papa Bear is the oldest (the others are in high school and college) and the first to have a baby. I think his aunts might be hoping for a girl in the family.
Well, I can't wait to find out. Please be cooperative Baby Bear. Papa Bear was thinking that we might keep the gender a secret, but I am not sure that we are going to be able to that. Papa Bear wasn't very good at keeping the pregnancy a secret so I am not sure what makes him think he can keep the gender a secret.
So now what do you think? Boy or Girl? I would love to have some guesses along with your reasons. Here is what we are having according to the Old Wives Tales:
- According to the Chinese Gender Predictor, I am having a girl.
- My left boob is larger = boy
- I am carrying the extra weight out front = boy
- I am carrying high = girl
(at least I think I am, I am not totally sure. Look at my last baby bump picture from Sunday to see what you think) - The hair on my legs is not growing any faster during pregnancy = girl
- Sleeping in a bed with my pillow to the south = girl
(I don’t know if I can help that, it is where my bed is located) - My feet are colder than they were before pregnancy = boy
(But my feet are always cold, so it is a hard one to really gauge) - I prefer the heel of a loaf of bread = boy
(It is not that I prefer but I do eat it and I always have) - Papa Bear is gaining weight right along with Mama Bear = boy
(Papa Bear has been saying that “WE” are pregnant) - The maternal grandmother doesn't have gray hair (dyed or natural) = girl
- I did not have morning sickness early in pregnancy = boy
(Just nausea but not vomiting) - I am looking particularly good during pregnancy = boy
(I guess this is because girls steal their mother's looks. Although I have heard the opposite, so it all depends on how the wives tale is interpreted) - My chest development has been quite dramatic during pregnancy = girl
(But then again I didn’t have a whole lot to begin with) - The sum of my age at conception (33 Years old) and the number of the month of conception (September = 9) is even (33+9= 42) = boy
- I have been craving sweets = girl
(But then again I always crave sweets! I was craving a lot of salty in the first trimester and that would have indicated a boy.) - My nose hasn't changed during pregnancy = girl
- I have been craving meats or cheeses = boy
(I do want cheeseburgers all the time since I have been pregnant. I want fruit all the time too and that predicts a girl) - Baby Bear’s heart rate is 140 or more beats per minute = girl
(It was 155 at the last OB appt) - I am not having headaches = girl
(I did have a few for the first few weeks of the 2nd trimester) - My belly looks like a basketball = boy
- I don’t have a lot of acne = boy
- My hair has been full and luscious = boy
The score:
Boy = 12
Girl = 10
So what do you think?
I'm with Mr. Bear on this one - boy!
ReplyDeleteOhhhh so exciting! I have a feeling it's a girl. Either way, baby bear is going to be so darn cute!
ReplyDeleteI am going with a boy!
ReplyDeleteBOY! :)
ReplyDeletenone of the wives tales were right for me so i am going with my gut. ;)
most of the myths were wrong for me. The only "myth" that was always right is the heartbeat (all girls stayed in the range of 140-150).
ReplyDeleteHere's one filipino myth...your face/neck (the pigmentation) gets darker=girl
i'm hoping for a....healthy baby! :)
My vote is for girl!
ReplyDeleteI vote boy!
ReplyDeleteWow, Sher, most of those wives tales were right-on for me! I shouldn't have spent my money on the u/s to tell me I'm having a girl!
ReplyDeleteI think yours is a boy.
(And FYI, I think you're carrying low. My belly starts right under my boobs--they rest on it).
For the sake of being different I'm going to say GIRL! Hahahaa. I can't wait for you to find out!
ReplyDeleteThose wives tales are so funny. We are having a girl and a few things rang true for me. I craved fruit (and still do), the HB was always between 150-160, and the Chinese calendar said it was a girl. :) Besides all of that, I felt all along it was a girl. Any intuition/feeling on your side?
ReplyDeleteGood luck - can't wait to hear!
Your college roommate,
Jenny