Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Strollers

So many strollers, so many choices. I've been doing some research online and asking various mommy friends about strollers. It is no easy task to make a choice when you have no clue. We have plenty of time to decide upon a stroller. In the beginning, we plan on using a car seat frame, so we probably won't need a stroller until Baby Bear is 6 months. Some say you won't really know what stroller works for you until you have the baby and give the stroller a test drive. Nevertheless, I am a little obsessed with finding the right stroller. I have narrowed them down to a few. We have yet to try out strollers, that will be the determining factor.

Peg Perego Pliko P3

I have heard positive reviews from some friends and I have seen many positive reviews online by other parents and by experts. This one is kind of pricey, but it is lightweight and easy to fold and put in the trunk of your car. I have a big SUV so space is not really an issue, but I do think I would like something lighter rather than heavier in the long run. I like that it has a snack bar for the baby, you can also put your car seat onto it to use as a travel system if you want. It also looks really stylish, a plus but not a requirement. From what I hear everyone pretty much loves their Pegs and this model is well recommended.

BOB Revolution

This one is an all-terrain stroller and jogger. It has 3 wheels that are air filled for better suspension and better ride for Baby Bear. The front wheel swivels so it is easy to maneuver for regular use and it can also be fixed making it a great option for jogging as well. I like the fact that it is all-terrain and a jogger. It is pricier than the Peg Perego but then I wouldn't have to purchase a separate jogger. So this would serve many purposes for our family. We can pretty much take it anywhere. It is heavier than the Peg Perego and a little weighty to be lugging in and out of the car for everyday use. But I am strong, so I might be able to handle it. I will have to try it out to see how heavy it is.

Maclaren Quest Sport

This is a lightweight umbrella stroller that has very positive reviews. People seem to really love Maclaren strollers, they are supposedly the best umbrella strollers. This one weighs less than the Peg that I am considering. It is less expensive than both options above. Unlike the Peg it does not have a snack bar for Baby Bear, I don't know if that is important to me or not. That is something to think about. I also hear that umbrella strollers have a tendency to tip.

It is kind of hard to compare the 3 since they are different strollers in different classes to serve different purposes. I have not really had the chance to see any of these strollers in person. I will have to check them out and really think about what will be best for our lifestyle. Knowing me, I will probably change my mine next week and have other strollers on my consideration list. I guess many people have more than one stroller, but with out limited space and budget I would like to keep strollers to a minimum if possible. One all purpose stroller would be ideal, but I don't know if this is realistic.

4 comments:

  1. We have the Peg Perego and LOVE it! It's super easy to fold up and has a handle to make carrying it easy. You can also purchase a bag for it which makes it easier to travel with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think thoae are all great strollers. While I don't have any of them, I can't recommend which is best. I have heard the best about the Peg Perego though. The BOB is a second close call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know much about baby strollers but the second I saw the BOB I was like, oh that's what Sher needs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I talked to a friend who has the BOB and she loves it...such hard decisions, huh?

    P.S. I left you something on my blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete