Sunday, January 4, 2009

More on registry

I reviewed my registry to look at what I still have to add. There are a lot of stuff on my registry!! Yikes! On the other hand, I have items at various price points (there are quite a bit of items under $10). This way, family and friends have a lot of choices and price points so that they can feel comfortable in spending within their means. I just hope I don't seem so greedy when they see how many items are on my registry. As I registered with my mommy friends, I thought of the registry as more of a shopping list for things we will need in the first year of Baby Bear's life. I, obviously, do not expect to get all those items at my shower and we will not need everything right away (but eventually).

My mommy friends suggested that I put everything that we will need and eventually need in the first year because you never know what people will buy. Plus, in the end I get a 10% completion coupon that we can use for things that were not purchased off the registry. I don't have any clothes on my registry except for onsies in every size and some socks since I figure people will get me clothes anyways. Some of the items are not things we will use in the beginning but will eventually need (at least according to my mommy friends) such as training spoons. Just looking at the list make me realize that babies go through a lot of stuff in the first year of life. Life is definitely going to change.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sher,

    Would you mind sharing the link of your registry with me? I could use a good, solid example of what we're going to need. You can email it to me if you want:

    leslie at bugweb dot net

    Thanks!

    (Oh, and you don't have to do this if you're not comfortable with it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your friends are completely correct!!!
    will email you back tonight...was exhausted last night.

    ReplyDelete