Yesterday morning I went in to get my glucose screening test to test for gestational diabetes. This test won't give me a diagnosis but will determine if I need additional tests for gestational diabetes. I won't find out my results until my regular appointment tomorrow.
Basically I was given a sugar drink that contains 50 grams of glucose. It didn't taste as bad as other people had warned me. It tasted like a very sweet 7-up (I had a lemon-lime flavor). It wasn't bad but it was at room temperature, it might have been a little better if it was cold. After an hour, a blood sample was taken to check for blood sugar levels. (I passed the time crocheting a blanket I have been working on for Baby Bear)
If the reading is too high, which happens 15 to 23 percent of the time, then I will have to do the 3 hour glucose tolerance test to see if I really have gestational diabetes. Hopefully, all will be well. It is not a bad test, it is just that there are other things I would rather do with my time.
fingers crossed that you passed! the 3 hour is brutal.
ReplyDelete