The bad news is that the blood tests showed that I am anemic. Not a huge deal, my doctor prescribed additional iron supplements in addition to what is already in my pre-natal vitamin.
Some symptoms of anemia include:
- being tired
- feeling weak
- pale skin
- palpitations
- breathlessness
- dizziness
Baby Bear should be fine, since she will get her share of iron before I do. But the risks I face from iron-deficiency is a higher risk for having a preterm delivery or a low-birthweight baby. So I will take my iron supplements 2 times a day as I have been told. I will also try to incorporate more foods rich in iron, like red meat, spinach, and dried fruits. I do love a good steak. And this might help to explain why I crave cheese burgers all the time.
congrats on passing the GD test. Sorry about the anemia. I became anemic with my first and she was a week late and over 9lbs so don't worry too much about it.
ReplyDeleteHey, I"m anemic, too! Welcome to the club. :)
ReplyDelete