So far, I have been really calm and not worried about Baby Bear's arrival. Then it just hit me. I'm in the 3rd trimester and she is due to arrive in 11 weeks (give or take)! OOO-MMM-GGG!!! NOTHING IS READY! I have two showers in the next two weeks, so I have been trying to hold off buying anything we need until after the shower. But I think my nesting instinct has kicked in and I feel the need to get ready!
The house will not be ready before Baby Bear is born and I have come to to terms with that. As some of you know, we have an old home built in 1913. It is the house that Papa Bear grew up in and he has been remodeling the house. It has been a long time now and we had put the remodel on hold after the wedding due to budgetary constraints. With Baby Bear on the way and money saved for the remodel, we had hoped it would be ready in time for Baby Bear's arrival. Papa Bear has been doing it all himself, which saves a ton of money. On the other hand, the life of a contractor's wife has proven that our house is always last priority. When there is work, Papa Bear has to work (especially with the state of the economy and a baby on the way). We are so fortunate that he continues to have work and that it is actually picking up, so I can not complaining. But it is hard on my nesting and planning instincts.
We live in the apartment above our garage and I was waiting for the house until I started to get things ready for Baby Bear. I guess a part of me hoped the house would be ready. Now, it is clear that it won't be and that I have to get the apartment ready for Baby Bear. The apartment has been great for Papa Bear, Chase Monster, and I. Now we have to figure out a space for Baby Bear and adapt. I know it will all work out, but now is the time to start figuring it out. Baby Bear will be small and how much room can a baby take up, right? (I know I might be kidding myself) We will make room and we will make it work, we always do.
I was just looking forward to getting her nursery together. I have these ideas in my head and I can't wait. I know it will all happen in time. I must have patience and we have to stick to our priorities. I have to look at what is most important. The fact that Papa Bear and I both have work and we have a place to live is important, having a healthy baby is important. Compared to some people in this economic crisis we are doing just fine and I have to realize that. Hopefully, my hormones will help me to realize all this.
Knowing you Sher - whatever space you end up decorating will be absolutely fabulous and adorable!
ReplyDeleteIt seems like only yesterday you posted being pregnant!
ReplyDeleteYou'll get it all done. Cameron was born the day we finished the nursery. ;)