Now that I am in the third trimester and entering the home stretch, I want to make sure that I start to have as much together as possible. I called my health insurance provider to verify my coverage and costs for delivery today. I am covered 100% whether I have a vaginal delivery or a C-section. I only have to pay a $50 a day co-pay (with a maximum of $150) while I am in the hospital as an inpatient. If for some reason Baby Bear has to go into the NICU, she is also covered 100% and we would just have to cover the same co-pay for her. I know that having a baby can be very expensive (thousands of dollars!) for those without insurance coverage, so I am very thankful!
I also asked them in regards to child birthing classes and breast pumps to see if it might be covered. It turns out that birthing classes are covered if I get a referral from my primary care physician, so I just will have to give her a call. We would have taken the classes anyways, but it never hurts to ask!
Wow, that awesome news! Sure beats my $500 co-pay. :/
ReplyDelete