Friday, March 27, 2009

Our first baby shower gift!!

Yesterday I came home to a delivery on our front porch from Babies R' Us. We received out first shower gift!! It was the Maclaren Quest Sport stroller that we register for! Wow, what a generous gift. It was from my co-worker who is also co-hosting my work shower this Sunday. I am just so surprised that she would get us such a generous gift. I registered for about 8 items that were over $100 and didn't really think that anyone would purchase them for us. We were putting money aside for those larger purchases.

On top of that, Grandma Bear (my mother-in-law) told us that she wants to get us our jogging stroller. I registered for the BOB Revolution. I love this all-terrain stroller and jogger and it was the most expensive item on our registry. I was actually planning on go out this weekend and buy it with some extra money I had made. Plus, Chick's Sporting Goods is going out of business and has them on clearance for a pretty good deal. Now I can use the extra money for other essential baby items on our registry list.

We also received a $50 gift card from a friend for Babies R' Us. I am just in awe of the generosity of people. I am very excited for our first baby shower on Sunday. I am not expecting any large gifts from co-workers, but I am excited to celebrate with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment