The last few weeks of pregnancy Chase Monster has been pretty clingy. As I am typing, he is actually cuddle up next my leg right now. It is really sweet but very unlike him. I have heard that pets sense when you are pregnant, it may be my smell that has changed or possibly my attitude that has slight changed. Whatever it is, I am sure that Chase Monster knows.
It also seems that other babies know. I may be imagining this, but babies look at me more or maybe I am looking at them more. The other day at a friend's party, I took my friend's baby who is 13 months. She slept on me and had no issues at me taking her from her daddy. Her daddy said that Baby E usually doesn't let other hold her, so he was quite surprised that she did not make a fuss when I took her. Hmmm, I know from past research that babies can differentiate the smell of their mom from other mothers, so maybe Baby E could differentiate that I was a mommy-to-be. This is just the developmental psychologist in me curious about this and the research behind it.
Whatever it is, I am glad that babies like me. I hope Baby Bear likes me. And I am glad that Chase Monster loves me. I hope to have a smooth transition when Baby Bear arrives. It may be a little hard for Chase Monster, since he is used to being the baby of the house. He will have to learn to be an older sibling :)
Awww, I hope your transition with Chase Monster is smooth. You'll have to let me know how it goes and what you do because I'm concerned how Zoomie is going to take it once we TTC. She's been the one and only baby for soo long.
ReplyDelete